Bryant’s Bridge over Fish Creek

Saratoga County, NY

The original Bryant’s Bridge was a wrought iron and steel through Pratt truss bridge built in 1896. On behalf of the Saratoga County Department of Public Works, Ryan-Biggs performed observations of the bridge to develop Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) Level II drawings. This required assiduous coordination with the New York State Department of Transportation and the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Subsequently, we designed and developed Contract Documents for the removal of the original bridge and construction of a new two-lane, steel, hot-dip galvanized truss bridge (shown). Careful detailing for corrosion resistance and extensive geometry calculations were required to ensure the longevity of the structure while maintaining waterway clearance.