Jean Hasbrouck House

New Paltz, NY

The Jean Hasbrouck House is one of the few surviving private residences built between 1680 and 1721. The Huguenot Historical Society purchased the house from the descendents of Jean Hasbrouck in 1899. The house, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, allows visitors to observe how the French Huguenots lived and contains hundred of artifacts and period furnishings. A national grant issued by the National Trust for Historic Preservation supported the restoration of both the walls and foundation. Ryan-Biggs was retained by the Huguenot Historical Society to develop a plan to restore the north wall of this historical house.